Black cardamom's scientific name is Amomum subulatum. It grows in pods on an herbaceous plant belonging to the Zingiberaceae (ginger) family. The pods have a tough, dried, wrinkly skin, are roughly one inch in length, and house small, sticky, dark-colored seeds. Black cardamom has a pungent aroma with a citrus and eucalyptus flavor. There are two main types of cardamom: black and green. Green cardamom pods come from the Elettaria cardamomum plant and are harvested before they mature, while black pods are picked much later and then dried over a fire. In recipes, black cardamom should not be used if a recipe calls for green cardamom as the two pods have extremely different taste profiles. (Green can be used in place of black, but the signature smokiness will be absent.) Whereas green cardamom contributes a subtle, delicate taste to dishes, black cardamom packs a punch. Unlike green cardamom, which is a popular Scandinavian ingredient, the black variety of this spice is rarely used in sweet dishes due to its strong smokey and menthol flavors.
- Create aromatic and flavourful biryani, pho, and braised meat with superior quality cardamom!
- It is commonly used as a flavouring spice for many Indian dishes, it also contains a number of health benefits. In fact the oil, which is extracted from black cardamom seeds, is used for a number of health and beauty purposes.
- Black cardamom is a popular Indian spice, called badi elaichi or kali elaichi, that is used in many of the cuisine's signature dishes. It is in the form of seed pods, which are dark brown to black in color and take on a smokey flavor due to the way they are dried.
- Black cardamom is full of the antioxidants, vitamin C and the essential mineral potassium. Hence, regular consumption of the spice can keep your internal system free from toxic materials, thereby improving the circulation of blood throughout the skin surface and keeping it healthy. So, if you want to get a firm, toned and youthful look, start consuming black cardamom in a regular manner.
- Black cardamoms also influences the cardiac health to a great extent. Controlling cardiac rhythm is one of its most important benefits, which eventually keeps your blood pressure under check. Your heart remains healthy with regular intake of black cardamom. It reduces the probabilities of blood clot. This spice is also very effective in protecting you from heat stroke or sun stroke during scorching summer.
- Several dental disorders, such as teeth infection, gum infection etc. can be treated with black cardamom. Furthermore, its strong aroma can help in curing halitosis or bad breath.
|Form of Product
||Whole Organic Black Cardamom
||Sun Organic Industries Pvt. Ltd. E-818, DSIDC Industrial Area Narela Delhi-110040
||"Storage for whole spices form in cool and dry conditions is recommended."
|Country of Origin
||Black Cardmom 250g